When was the last time you took an hour to yourself? Or even thirty minutes? For most people, self care isn’t part of their daily routine. They get caught up in feeling that there’s no time, when it should be second nature, like brushing our teeth in the morning. It isn’t just a one time deal! Putting yourself first no matter what is a lifestyle choice. Incorporating a few of these rituals into your life can help you relax and de-stress.
- Journaling: When you’re feeling overwhelmed, the best way to get that frustration out is to write it down! Start by picking up a notebook too pretty to put down, like these adorable journal from our online shop. Then write about anything that has been bothering you or what your grateful for. You can even check out some journal prompts on Pinterest.
- Take time alone: In this day and age, there’s rarely a time when you’re truly alone. We need those precious moments without phones or distractions, when everything is off, to sit, relax and recharge. That time can be spent reading, writing, or meditating. But you need peace and quiet by yourself every once in a while. Get a cup of tea, find a nice nook and relax in something luxuriously cozy, like our cashmere poncho’s and we guarantee you will feel better than before!
- You are beautiful: Women so often focus on the parts of our bodies we don’t like, without rejoicing in the parts that make us feel beautiful. It’s time for some positive self-talk! Doing this simple task, everyday or at least every week will make you feel more confident in no time. Jump in the shower. Use your favorite bath products, like our Vanilla Sugar body scrub, so you’re silky smooth and feeling great when you get out! Then, look in the mirror and point out 5 things you love about your body. No criticisms, just love. Bonus* use this to feel moisturised all day after!
- Date yourself: You don’t need anyone else to make you feel beautiful! Put on some lipstick (or wear none if you prefer), throw on a cute outfit and one of these headbands and you’ll be styling! You’ll also be supporting a good cause, because Headbands of Hope not only donates a headband to a child with cancer for every one sold, they send us the donations and we are able to pass them out with Nemours Children’s Hospital. We all know that when you do good, you feel good! A fancy dessert date is sure to be an Insta-worthy mood booster.
- Surround yourself with boss babes: No one makes you feel better than your gal pals. Whether you’re having a night in and watching a movie, or hitting the town, girls supporting girls always feels good! Don’t have a lot of female support of your own? We are hosting a Galentine’s Day Party, where you’ll be able to meet tons of inspiring women! There will be food, drinks, swag bags, and a VIP shopping experience! All the proceeds go to Hubbard House, Inc. RSVP here to be part of it!
These are just a few ways to kick start your new ritual of daily self-love!